New York Fashion Week: Monse

Monse

For me, Monse had one of the most cohesive collections at New York Fashion Week. Through the opening look to the next few, you definitely see a nautical theme with the blue and rope print detailing. I would also notice the little "granny" vibes thrown in as well with the oversized cardigans, tweed blazers, and chunky knit sweaters. A lot of Monse's looks are polish yet deconstructed. You will notice a lot of asymmetry within the looks but yet there is so much balance from the colors and silhouettes. 


 From this first look, we definitely see the literal nautical theme with the two rope toggles. She is also rocking a more deconstructed tweed jacket that outs two different colored tweeds together. This is such a streetwear look with the oversized pocket pants and I can definitely see this 90's inspired pant 
coming forth in Spring with a crop top. 


This next look encompasses your little sailor boy look. With nautical notes running throughout this look, we see the rope detailng throughout the shirt, roped belt and the hint of rope detailing in the socks. To top it off, the short boating shorts with your classic white tee gives the traditional spring, summer boating look.


I am obsessed with prints and I think for this upcoming spring, prints will be all over the place! Even though these are springs collections, I don't think you have to conform to wearing the brights and the the pastels to be considered spring. With the simple details of have a flowy satin/silk skirt paired with an off the shoulder short sleeve shirt and sandals, even if you chose dark colors as in this look, you can still look spring ready. I love the colors and print on this top, it reminds me of my granny's thick wool sweater, and I appreciate the juxtaposition from something heavier pair with something lighter on the bottom. Two things that you wouldn't think to pair together that actually works.

Comments

Popular Posts